This is an easy-to-prepare gluten-free crepe recipe. To save time in the morning, you can prepare your batter the night before and keep it in the refrigerator.
Enjoy this crepe with a little bit of honey, a teaspoon of strawberry jam (the one with the lowest glycemic index) or, if you like savory things like me, with a little bit of non-hydrogenated margarine and a slice of smoked turkey breast. Accompanied by a piece of fruit, this makes for a delicious wholesome breakfast that will keep you full until lunch time without any risk of a blood sugar slump. And, thanks to its slimming and prebiotic properties, it will also facilitate your weight loss efforts!
For 2 crepes:
- 1/3 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pinch of salt
1. Place the flour in a mixing bowl. Make a well and pour in the water and salt.
2. Mix all the ingredients until you obtain a smooth, homogenous mixture.
3. Heat a non-stick skillet and pour in half of the batter.
4. Cook for about 3 minutes until bubbles appear on the surface, and then flip to cook until browned on the underside.
5. Transfer to a serving plate and repeat the above for the second crepe.